Date of Last Revision: January 2020
Introduction and Overview
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
Information You Provide
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, such as when you register an account, update your account, access our content, make a purchase, subscribe to emails for sweet news or deals, participate in a rewards program, survey, contest or other promotion (“Promotion”), or contact customer support or apply for a job. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other similar contact data, and the same data for third parties if you ask us to ship products to third parties.
- Passwords. We collect passwords and other information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We collect demographic information including your date of birth, gender, number of children, allergies and country. It is your option to enter this information.
- We collect data about your product and communication preferences to better serve your needs and interests.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as survey responses for research purposes, feedback and correspondence, or questions and information you provide to customer support. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the services you use.
- Search Queries. We collect search queries to better serve customer interest and needs.
- Information About a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication from our Service the information you provide will be used to facilitate the communication.
- Information Through Social Media. You may be given the option to link to one or more social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) through the Services or log in via a social networking platform. If you do, we may automatically receive certain personal information about you based on your registration and your privacy settings on those third party services, such as your name, address, email, and social media profile information.
- Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Service. We may use Service Providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
Tracking Technology We and our Service Providers use various current – and later – developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
- Log Files, which is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Service, such as your service use data.
- Cookies, which is a small data file stored on your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, such as mailing list providers, data enhancement sources and publicly available sources, including information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social media). If you apply for a job with us, we will receive your application information from our job applicant processing partners. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. For further information on Third Party Services, see the section entitled “Third Parties” below.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information about you for our legitimate interests, including to:
- Manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as filling orders, respond to comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Manage and enforce our Promotions including our Rewards Program pursuant to the Rewards Program Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, products, or services and support and administrative messages.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Respond to and evaluate your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Make telephone calls to you as requested by you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Improve the Service or other Lolli and Pops websites, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including newsletters, surveys, offers, Rewards Program materials, Promotions and communications about our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with Promotions you have entered.
- Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Services and Third Party Services.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you with your consent.
- For information about your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Additionally, if you use our Services to connect with a third party service, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based upon your requests.
Information We Share
We do not sell personal information to third parties. We may disclose the personal information we collect from or about you either (i) when we have your permission to do so or (ii) in any of the following situations:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, vendors, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and promotional services, Promotions, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Co-Branded Relationships. We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. By participating in co-branded Services, you agree that your personal information may be shared with these third parties.
- Contests and Promotions. Our promotions or contests (“Promotions”) may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we may share your information with third parties a set forth in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service) and in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal processes, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third party. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Certain areas of the Service such as posts or information you transmit to other users of the Service or third parties, are designed to help you share information with the world. If you make information public through our Service, other people will have access to it. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Service with whom you may choose to share your information with. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information; however, California residents have additional rights as set forth in “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Third Party Services, Content, Links, and Plug Ins
Third Party Services
Third Party Features
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your Lolli and Pops account through, Third Party Services, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Service, we may collect any information you have authorized the Third Party Service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, e-mail address, birthday, friends list, and other account and profile data). Likewise, if you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Service or visit our Service while logged in to that Third Party Service on your device, the Third Party Service may receive information about your activities on our Service and be able to associate that information with information the Third Party Service already has about you.
Third Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third party analytics provides, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to the service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third Party Services, such as Facebook Custom Audiences. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We serve ads on and through Third Party Services, such as Facebook and Google, that are targeted to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to the Third Party Service or incorporating a pixel from the Third Party Service on our Service, and the Third Party Service matching common factors between our data and their data. To opt-out of receiving Matched Ads, please contact the applicable Third Party Service. If we use Facebook Custom Audiences to serve Matched Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such Facebook ads and find out how to opt-out. We are not responsible for such Third Party Service’s failure to comply with your opt-out instructions.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
Review and Update of Account Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. If you would like to delete your information, you will need to delete your user account. When we delete information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, fraud prevention, and enforce our agreements. California residents have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” below.
Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to the email address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioural advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, optout.aboutads.info; and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit networkadvertising.org. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or e-mailing us at the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Lolli and Pops’ ongoing business relations.
- Text Messages and Calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California have certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or ("CCPA") (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the "Shine the Light" Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83).
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic activity information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information. We also collect the following categories of personal information from job applicants: professional or employment related information and education information. For examples of the data points we collect, please see "Collection of Information" above.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Selling Information: We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in "Use of Information" above.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information: We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with our Services, shop in our stores, contact us through customer service or other mechanisms, automatically when you access or use our Services, purchase products or services from us and from third party sources as described in "Information Collected from Other Sources" above.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the "Sharing of Information" section above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, depending on your interactions with us, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, financial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic activity information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information.
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we "sell," which for the purposes of the CCPA, means scenarios in which Lolli & Pops has shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. We do not sell your personal information. We may share your information as set forth in “Sharing of Information” section above.
What are your CCPA Consumer Rights?
Access. California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. They may also request the categories of personal information we have collected about them, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell their personal information, and the categories of personal information we have disclosed and sold about them in the preceding 12 months.
Deletion. California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
Opt Out of Sale. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. California consumers above the age of 16 have the right to opt out of these sales at any time. We do not knowingly collect online or sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Nondiscrimination. California consumers have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising any of their CCPA rights, however, financial incentive programs may condition participation on collection of personal information.
How to request CCPA Consumer Rights: California consumers may make a rights request by emailing email@example.com.
To confirm your identity and ensure we respect your privacy and security, we will prompt you to verify your request by logging into your account (if applicable), replying to an email, or calling us. Please follow the instructions provided when you submit your rights request. Caution, if you choose to have your personal information deleted, we can no longer provide you with certain Services, such as deleting any rewards points balance you may have accrued), auto ship enrollment, or remember your preferences for certain services, because we will no longer know who you are. Notwithstanding a deletion request, we may retain personal information that is necessary for us to fulfill our legal obligations or that is not otherwise subject to deletion under applicable law.
Financial Incentives Program: You have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. However, the CCPA allows us to offer certain financial incentive programs that may result in different prices, rates or quality levels. We currently provide such a program, the customer loyalty program. Our customer loyalty program is free to join and offers you points on purchases and access to member-only deals and discounts. You may withdraw from membership at any time.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please use the “Contact Us” information below.
We do not sell your name, email address, phone number, address, or other information that identifies you to nonaffiliated third parties. Nevada residents have the right to request that we not sell this information in the future. To make such a request, please use the “Contact Us” information below.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children. We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 16.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls or on third party servers. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Lolli and Pops, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
3200 Cherry Creek South Drive
Denver, CO 80209